Friday, November 27, 2009

On a 'light'er note, here's an idea for your outdoor Christmas decorating:

Ever adore someones beautifully lighted, landscaped home at Christmas time? Wish you had bushes where you dont? TRY THIS! Get your tomato cages back out, assuming you've already taken care of that chore. Place them where ever you'd like to similate little bushes. Net lights work great here! Just drape them over the cages! This technique also works great to fill in gaps between existing bushes that you may already have. I even use landscape pins to hold the "net" to the ground and my garden velcro tape to attach them to the top of the tomato cage and to connect net lights together.

I admit in the daylight it's not the most pleasant sight, but who's looking in your garden this time of year anyways. At night, when it's time for the light show....it'll look amazing!

Now hurry, before the ground freezes!!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I love all things floral! I design cards on a weekly basis for a small group of friends and love to share any tidbits I find useful!