Sunday, October 31, 2010

Restaurant Review!!

I have a restaurant review, just in case you're interested!


...So, my DH wanted to 'take me out'! Whoo Hoo, a DATE! Babysitter was a 'go', so you can imagine that I was already in an elated stage!

We decide to check out the Bonnymill Inn & Eatery since it just reopened under new ownership. http://bonnymillinn.net/ We started with the Gorgonzola appetizer. MMMM...what could be better than warm gooey cheese with toasted pretzelish pieces?

Well, next came the ale for him (something new, he never tried) and the wine for me (Leelanau Cellars' Winter White, simple, yet divine!).....so I'm not 100% sure if the rest is completely accurate, but I recall it to be like so:

Salad bar..the basics...except for the lettuce...it was the mixed mesculin kind...a PLUS...Oh and then there was the radishes, already sliced and celery too, nice! Then came the entree. Salmon with sauteed veggies and REAL, yes REAL mashed potatoes. (He literally complimented the cook, face to face, on the potatoes, {just what was in that ale?} but I can't attest because he forgot to share those with me.) I am not a Salmon person...never have ordered an entire meal of Salmon..but I went back for seconds of his!  It was cooked perfectly and crusted just right!  My cod came crisp, cooked to perfection and with wonderfully seasoned fries.  He usually gets my unfinished portion, but it was so good, I ate it ALL!  Wait staff: friendly and attentive! Prices on menu: Reasonable, better than expected. (The 'going' rate, especially in a town this size, in this condition and in the current economy.)  We found this to be a SUPER PLUS, because instead of being just a 'fancy', 'special occasion' place, we'll be able to visit more often!
 
Overall experience: Excellent! (Extra plus for us: One of the cooks was off duty and spent lots of time sharing what great recipes may be in store!) Can't wait to go again!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I love all things floral! I design cards on a weekly basis for a small group of friends and love to share any tidbits I find useful!